The leadership and management of the school provides visible leadership for emotional health and wellbeing. This incorporates:
- The SLT supports and champions the promotion of emotional health and wellbeing for the whole school community - including school staff.
- The Vision/Mission Statement and school website shows the support for the emotional health and well-being of the whole school community.
- There is a named member of staff who is the mental health lead in school with protected time and clear responsibilities.
Data has been effectively used and analysed to improve provision from the schools Growing up in North Yorkshire survey in relation to emotional and mental wellbeing:
- Key stage 1 survey questions 11, 18, 22 and 23 covers if pupils like being at school and if they feel safe at school.
- Key stage 2 question 54 asks about feeling safe in school. Question 76 covers a range of questions linked to feeling safe, cared for and belonging at school.
- Key stage 3 /4 question 25 covers a range of questions linked to feeling safe, cared for and belonging at school.
The evidence that could be in place to ensure a school is achieving this criteria includes:
- Link to school website to show the EHWB elements
- Staff meeting / training session where EHWB has been the focus
- EHWB statement of commitment
- School development plan with relevant sections highlighted
- EHWB policy on the website which covers the whole school community
- School prospectus
Named staff and / or pupils champions (change team)