- The Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) provide advice and resources to help keep children safe on the roads. These include fact sheets for parents, activity sheets for children, and session plans for professionals. Road Safety For Children | Child Accident Prevention Trust (capt.org.uk)
- Roadwise is the website of The York and North Yorkshire Road Safety Partnership. Here you can find information and resources available for schools and children Schools – Roadwise
- THINK! is the government’s designated road safety campaign. Their website includes various resources for teachers and professionals working with children. Education resources – THINK!
Modeshift STARS – school travel plans
North Yorkshire Council is working with Modeshift STARS, the national awards scheme that recognises schools that have shown excellence in supporting cycling, walking and other forms of sustainable travel. It is FREE to use and recognised by the Department for Transport, providing national accreditation. It also counts towards the Healthy Schools Scheme.
To register please visit: https://modeshiftstars.org/contact-us/stars-education-contact/ and for more information on school travel plan support, please email email@example.com
Why take part?
- Healthier pupils - by encouraging active, healthy lifestyles for young people through more walking and cycling
- Safer pupils - identifying issues and improving the quality of the environment around your school
- Involving the whole school community - children, parents and teachers working together to make a difference
- School Travel Plan - automatic generation of a new School Travel Plan which will deliver significant time and cost savings
- National Accreditation - you will receive the Modeshift STARS plaque, certificate and use of the nationally recognised logo
- The National STARS School Travel Awards - a chance to be considered for the National STARS School Travel Awards
- Changing Behaviour - STARS will provide you with the tools to reduce car use and increase the number of children walking, cycling, and using public transport on the journey to and from school.