- NHS information on eye tests for children can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/eye-tests-in-children/
- The NHS have a search tool to help you find an optician in your area: Opticians and sight tests – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- The Healthier Together (Humber and North Yorkshire ICB) website has information for parents/carers about children’s vision, including what to do if there are any concerns: Vision (hnyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk) They also provide information on Eye screening and tests (hnyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk)
- Parents / families living in Craven should visit the Healthier Together (West Yorkshire ICB) website for information on Vision (wyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk) and Eye screening and tests (wyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk)
- The NHS provide information on hearing tests for children Hearing tests for children – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Hear-it.org provides information on hearing and hearing loss Hearing loss in children – symptoms and types of hearing loss (hear-it.org) as well as hearing tests for children Testing children’s hearing
- The National Deaf Children’s Society provides information and support on hearing loss in children, for families and professionals: National Deaf Children’s Society | supporting deaf children (ndcs.org.uk)
- Further information leaflets for parents on vision and hearing testing are provided in the parents pages (these are to be added shortly link to parent pages) of the healthy schools website.
Bowel and bladder control (day and night time wetting)
Children and young people should visit their GP if they are experiencing bladder and bowel problems.
- ERIC The Children’s Bowel and Bladder charity provides information, advice and support for children and young people, parents, and carers.
- The NHS provides information on bedwetting: Bedwetting in children – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Great Osmond Street Hospital provides information on urinary incontinence: Urinary incontinence | Great Ormond Street Hospital (gosh.nhs.uk)
- Bladder and Bowel UK have a Child information library with information for healthcare professionals, children, and their families. Resources For Bladder and Bowel Problems in Children – BBUK
- Incontinence in Confidence is a resource created by the Continence Foundation of Australia. This provides advice and information on incontinence in teenagers.
- The Healthier Together (Humber and North Yorkshire ICB) website provides information to help support parents and carers on bowel and bladder issues: Peeing, Pooing, and Tummy Trouble (hnyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk)
- Parents and carers living in Craven can find information on bowel and bladder issues (such as toilet training, constipation, and urinary tract infections) on the Heathier Together (West Yorkshire ICB) website West Yorkshire Healthier Together (wyhealthiertogether.nhs.uk)